Official Server SZ Thruster Damage Bug

LookSpaceFunk shared this bug 6 months ago
Reported

Grids locked to static grids can affect blocks within a SZ with thruster damage. Function blocks can be damaged even through armor, including safe zones & reactors rendering them non functional.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello LookSpaceFunk,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues on the official server. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. Could you share further information with me? Does this only happen on the official server or any servers? Which specific server is having this problem?

Sharing the blueprint of the grid and a video would be very helpful to me. If you managed to successfully reproduce it again could you please share the steps to reproduce with me?

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Server NA#2. I was able to reproduce the issue just now but do not know if it is an issue on other servers (testing would require setting up a safe zone which is a time investment I am unable to make) . The issue is affecting all / any grids within player safe zones. Hydrogen thrusters on static grids or grids locked via connector / landing gear to a static grid can affect grids with thruster damage. The blocks are damaged by the thruster damage but are not / cannot be destroyed. However function blocks are able to be damaged to the point where they no longer work (safe zones & reactors included). Players on server have already used this bug to disable safe zones.

photo
photo

Hello LookSpaceFunk,

Thank you for the additional information. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This is still an issue, any update about fixing this bug. Needless to say that it is to say the least problematic on servers. I did try to reproduce it on single player (doing the same i was doing when i noticed it on a server) but it seems it only happens on servers

photo

I was able to reproduce it on single player. I did a lot of tests and the results are kinda inconsistent but you should be able to reproduce these results. If you build a grid with a safe zone and on that grid theres an ion thruster with full override right next to a reactor; then when you turn on the thruster you will get one of the following outcomes when the safe is active and damage is turned off

1. If all the blocks on the grid (including their bounding box) are fully inside the safe zone the reactor wont be damaged

2. If some of the blocks on the grid (or their bounding box) are outside the safe zone the reactor will be damaged

Leave a Comment

Attach a file