EU#2. Base built into asteroid converted itself and blew up. Server lagged out.

Kentor shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

I am on EU#2, we have a huge shared faction station. i put 2 blocks on it and ground them down,

then (despite not being owned by me, so i cant convert myself) the whole Station converted itself to a ship it seems and is glitched into the asteroid and blew up. it drags the whole server down, simspeed is 0.6 permanently now. help would be apprectiated

i can recreate the steps i took and also have a bp of the station from few days ago.

Server EU#2 Steam

ingame name: knetor

grid name:TYCHO Station

time: about 2:10am friday night

edit: server crashes repeatedly when we are near the station

Replies (4)

photo

to the QA member that looks at this, this was more supposed to be 'static asteroid base became dynamic while embedded in a voxel and caused massive sim drop and crashes'

the grid has now been destroyed due to the voxel interactions,

the OGSA team will be replacing/compensating for it when the user is around.

[Keen Admin]

(PS. i have seen this before, it was even more strange, a grid had 'moved', i cant remember if it was an instant move, or that it came loose and then made itself static again, or if a player made it static again with some lucky button clicking, i was able to repositon it to close enough where it should have in that instance.)

photo

Thanks alot for restoring our station. If you need help finding the bug that caused it just get back to me.

Thanks keen support, you guys rule!

photo

Hello Kentor,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues on the official server. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. Could you share further information with me?

Sharing the blueprint of the grid and a video would be very helpful to me. If you managed to successfully reproduce it could you please share the steps to reproduce with me?

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Kentor,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file