Loss of Main Cockpit results in loss of control

Xenarite Artorias shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Upon destruction of the seat set as main cockpit, the ship will continue with the last Gyro and thrust input directions and the ship rapidly is out of control. Attempts to regain control are unsuccessful, even when a new seat is set as Main cockpit to restore control.

This bug has been observed regularly. The Grid continues to act like this, even with power cycling grids, trying to set the gyro or thrusters to thrust override to stop the grid, the minute you turn the override back off to regain control, the ship resumes freaking out. Setting a new seat to Main cockpit doesn't restore control, as the ship continues to refuse to listen to inputs when this happens.

Unfortunately, cutting and repasting the grid seems to be the only way to resolve this, however in survival settings, such as PVP groups this is basically impossible / not allowed to be done.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Xenarite Artorian,

thank you for letting us know.

However, after trying on my side, I was not able to reproduce this issue reliably.

While the first part – that after the main cockpit being destroyed, the ship still continues the last input – I did observe, I was always able to take the control back with another cockpit/seat on the ship.

Can you please provide me more information?

Are you observing this issue on small grid, large grid, or this does not matter?

You are writing "Upon destruction...". What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean really destruction (the cockpit block is totally deleted from the world), or just when the block is damaged and not usable?

Can you please provide me a video showing this issue on your side, so I know exact steps that are leading to this state?

It might also help me, if you can share me a blueprint of some ship that you know that is suffering with this issue on your side reliably.

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Any more information that you can additionally share with me might help me as well.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file