When starting a new game Custom / Star System I get no respawn point

Michael Eber shared this bug 7 months ago
Reported

This happens with or without any mods.

This seems to happen every time with Game Type = Creative

This happens when I do the following very consistently : Inventory x10, Welding Grinding x5, Sound Mode Realistic, World Size 100km, Sun Rotation disabled, ingame scripts disabled, Enable Wolves, Disable Weather

The system loads, you get the screen up that is normal for selecting which planet to land on, but instead it says : No respawn point available!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Michael!

Thank you for letting us know about this.

The no-spawn point issue you have experienced occurred due to limiting the world size.

This function is designed in the game in a manner that to be able to spawn on a planet, the entire planet must be within the limit (for example, default earth is 120 Km).

Also, to be able to spawn in a suit/space pod, there must be empty space in the universe (for example, for Earth-like planet, with 120 km Earth in the middle, in that scenario spawning is not possible either).

Overall, the planet system is not suited for limited space size, as there are points outside the 100 Km universe size, so the character would die upon spawn anyway.

So limiting the world size except that of 'unlimited' could cause unexpected results like no spawn points or the character dying instantly as it spawns, due to the above-explained reasons.

We recommend keeping the world size set to 'unlimited' as the default setting to avoid unexpected results as above.

While we have reported this issue internally, please understand that spawning is a core game functionality, and making changes to it could lead to other major issues. We will continue to investigate this issue, but a fix may not be possible soon.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Okay, I can understand that. So the spawn and respawn logic is written for an unlimited system and does not apply constraints upon it when the size of the planet is smaller than unlimited.

So assuming that the system is too complex to apply constraints, either the option for limited sized should be removed from the advanced option list, or a huge warning screen should pop up that unexpected results can occur when you change it. (can you tell I'm a developer?)

Leave a Comment

Attach a file