Incorrect LOD for LG Light Inv. Corner Base 2x1x1

Please Pick a Name shared this bug 6 months ago
Need More Information

left to right are: BS3, BS2, BS1

Compare to BS1 and BS3, BS2 seems to be using LOD0 model (have beveled edges), it should be LOD1 (no beveled edges)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

We have discussed this internally, and it appears that the Large Grid Inv. Corner Base 2x1x1 block has correct LODs.

Could you kindly help us understand what you expected the result to be? Providing a video or images along with additional explanation would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

my bad forget to mention. my model quality is set to low, i should never be able to see any LOD0 in that situation

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for the update.

Model and graphics quality can indeed affect model complexity/LODs.

Could you please confirm whether the issue persists when using the 'High' settings?

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

not sure how it helps but with model quality high, all build stages looks like LOD0

photo
photo

your site ate my reply again, im not bother to retype everything, but:

try keep the model quality on high, have all 3 build stages next to each other, get the sun to shine on the beveled edge, and move closer/away from it. You should be able to observe the LOD change when moving further then 4m or closer then 3m, and another change when moving further then 20m or closer then 15m. You should then be able to notice how the build stage 2 simply dont have this "LOD pop" at 3,4m point. and the bright bevel edge remain all the way untill you move past the 20m point (easier to see with anti-aliasing turned off)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file