My vehicle was destroyed while going to get Unknown Signal

Michael Eber shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

I went mining and took a vehicle with me to haul more than I could ever carry back to my base.

It was equipped with 2 batteries so when I parked it, I turned off the power.

I flew over when I received an unknown signal and recovered the contents. But when I returned your software had destroyed my vehicle. A moderator stated that once I leave anything not powered is destroyed????? If this is so then you have major issues with your thinking on that. That alone make me quit playing the rest of the day. Meanwhile I have 3 bags of stone chips which have layed around my base for HOURS. It seems your priorities in destruction are in the wrong place. Destroy the garbage in my base and LEAVE MY TRUCK ALONE.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Michael!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have experienced.

On multiplayer servers, administrators can define criteria through which the game automatically deletes broken, unused, or unpowered grids/debris that can cause lag by using Trash Removal. Based on the set criteria, Trash Removal auto-deletes such debris from the game, ensuring that the server runs smoothly.

In your case, did this issue occur on one of Keen's official servers? If so, could you please specify which server?

Have you attempted to resolve this by contacting the said server's administrators?

Any additional information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This was on a single player private instance.

photo

it is the same for single player worlds, it runs auto-cleanup to ensure performance, so its just best to leave batteries ON by habit.

if you want to change the auto-cleanup settings, you can find it via the admin menu, access it with alt+f10

in fact, its weird that your "3 bags of stone chips" (gravel?) is not getting cleaned

photo
photo

Hello, Michael!

Thank you for sharing further information.

For single-player worlds, you can recover the deleted grid by following these steps:

1. Launch the game.
  2. Select Load Game.
  3. Find the world where you have lost your grid and select it.
  4. From the left panel, open Backups (please refer to the image below for reference).
  5. Load the backups one by one, and you should be able to find your lost grid in these previous saves.

To set up or change the Trash Removal settings for your world save:

1. Load your world.
  2. Press Alt+F10 to open the Admin Screen.
  3. From the Admin Screen's dropdown menu, select Trash Removal, and make the necessary changes.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file