Can't grind, weld or place blocks on bugged grid

Axlotl Questions shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Experienced on Keen NA #3

Once a grid has become bugged like this, the player cannot grind blocks, weld blocks or place blocks onto the grid. Weapon fire still damages the blocks. The same applies to ship grinders/welders.

This has been a consistent issue for months now.

Video evidence

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us and we sincerely apologize for the issue you have experienced.

Could you kindly confirm whether you are still experiencing the same issue after the recent server restart or if it has been resolved?

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Yes, I am still having this problem after a server restart. I have experienced this bug for over a month on NA #3. This rules out a server restart as a solution.

photo

So, any updates or am I just gonna have to twiddle my thumbs?

photo

Golly gee, I sure hope this doesn't become a

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

situation...

photo

So, any updates after six days or am I being ignored at this point? Seems like I'm getting the typical Won't Fix treatment without the Won't Fix tag. You have all the information you need, including a video, so the Need More Information tag is completely unnecessary.

This is on you at this point, Keen. I've done what I can.

Take responsibility, please.

photo

Twenty-two days later and... nothing. I love how this is the way you support your players, let alone your original backers.

Shame on you. I hope you go bankrupt.

photo

Hello, engineer!

We sincerely apologize for the delayed response to this thread and for the issue you have been experiencing.

We didn't mean to ignore this or any issues reported by any of our players. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

To further investigate and resolve the issue, could you kindly share the GPS location of the affected grid on the Keen NA #3 server? It would greatly help us and is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

photo

Why would I ever post GPS coordinates to a ship I'm actively using on a public forum? That's an invitation to get it destroyed before you can even check the problem. I'd love to provide GPS coords, but through a more private channel.

As for the bug, I have more information.

The issue seems to fix itself when certain conditions are met:

• on a server restart
  • the grid must not be in a safe zone during said restart

The issue seems to occur upon a server restart when grids are inside a safe zone or attached to a station with an active safe zone that has building, welding, and grinding disabled.

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread and provide all necessary information there.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file