Gravity Boots issue on a stationed station. Dispositioned block boundaries. Buggy station.

Galaxtic shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello.

Here is the link to the station I am reporting issues with: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3041109080

I have been having multiple issues with this large grid station ever since I started building it. The main issues are issues with gravity boots, and boundaries of blocks being misplaced.

For example, the image attached is me at a 70 degree tilt. I am able to walk around perfectly normal as if gravity boots were on, except much much laggier.

Methods I have tried to fix this are using F5 to rejoin, restarting my game, restarting my PC, restarting the server, validating game files but none of the fixes are working. I've ran it through with a server admin and he was unable to find the issue either.

Basically, in some zones of the station I am able to walk around with gravity boots enabled just fine as if nothing were wrong, but in some zones of the station it will do this issue where I am walking around as if gravity boots were enabled, but the difference being that it is not only much much laggier, but they arent enabled, similar to walking to a planet I am stuck to the ground with nothing influencing it (No gravity generators or anything).

The same issue is happening on any grids I build, new grids I build from scratch have this same issue including a ship I am currently working on.

As for the displacement of block boundaries, I found this out on my ship by trying to enter a door. One half of the open door didn't allow me to enter, where the other half did, and I was able to phase through blocks to the left of the door as if the other half of the door was there. This issue mostly happens while my ship is connected to this station.

If this cant be recreated in a custom world, this issue is happening on the official UK 2 server, I can talk more on it if you want to ping me on discord, my username is "lightarmorslopedcornerfan" and I am in the KSH discord server.

On that note, I have been having many many issues with desync but have never been able to solve any of them. If I could get support in figuring out my potential issue or what could be causing it, then it would be very helpful. The issues listed happened not only to me, but a server administrator as well.

Thank you. I have also attached a video of the issue.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Team,

I've attempted to assist the player with this issue on Steam UK#2 and can confirm he's attempted the actions listed.

I also attempted to repaste the grid close by, far away and at different angles. The issue seems to be related to the grid in question but we're unsure what could be causing it.

I've attached the log from the time I assisted the player if that's of any help.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

- Gorwyn (OGSA)

photo

Hello Galaxtic,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. I am attaching a short video, please have a look at it and let me know if I was at the right spot when testing. Can you please paste the blueprint you shared with me in a new world and test the issue as well? I am not sure if the error got transferred in the blueprint.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file