Crash at launch

mkahmvet shared this bug 7 months ago
Solved

Updated windows recently. After update, the game crashes at first stage of launch. Sometimes it completely crashes, sometimes just hangs, same exceptions shown in logs in both cases.

Attempted fixes: Verify files in steam, updating nvidia graphics drivers, updating VC++ files as per pinned messages in discord, adding -skipintro to launch as per discord, system restart, /scannow, delete shader cache, rename/delete roaming

Not attempted: reinstall the game entirely, roll back windows update

This site won't let me attach the .config file referenced in the log, and it is short, so I will paste it following.

I found only one reference to this issue online, and apparently it went nowhere. Would appreciate guidance.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>

<runtime>

<enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="false" />

<assemblyBinding ="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.4.1" newVersion="4.0.4.1" />

</dependentAssembly>

</assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

<startup>

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.6.1" />

</startup>

</configuration>

Replies (5)

photo

Update rollbacks and game reinstall did not help.

photo

It appears another windows update seems to have corrected the issue. Though it appears my previous reinstall of the game might have removed my renamed roaming folder.

photo

Hello, mkahmvet,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. Can I ask if the windows update completely fixed the problem or are you still unable to launch the game. If you are still unable to launch it, please share you latest log with me.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It appears the issue has been corrected, yes. Haven't had any issues since.

photo

Hello, mkahmvet,

I am happy to hear that you are not experiencing any issues now. I will close this thread as "Solved". Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file