New Holo LCD block

Kestrel shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Every time I click on the new Holo LCD block from the new DLC, or drag it to the toolbar, or weld someone elses block, the game flat out crashes to desktop. Ive tried deleting the spaceengineers.cfg and start with a new one, verifying the files though steam, but nothing has worked yet. I couldn't find anything on google or the forum either

Replies (4)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Kestrel,

thank you for letting us know about this issue that you are experiencing.

However, when I did try it on my end, I was not able to reproduce this issue.

Can you please provide me more information?

Does this happen to you in a single world, or on multiple? In single player, or in any of the online modes (Lobby, dedicated server... )?

Are there any mods included on the world where you are experiencing crashes? There was same issue for players that are using the BuildInfo mod. But that is already fixed.

So... please try the very same in vanilla (no mods) world and let me know if the issue is the same for you as well there. Also make sure that you have the mod(s) up-to-date when using (as there was update to this mod to prevent this issue).

If you would still experience the issue even on non-modded world, please share me a log file from the session where you experienced the issue.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Only place it has happened is in an online world, dedicated server. Its patched, and all the other players are able to make the LCD.

There are mods; richhud, buildinfo and milkyway <- alters the background image of space. And there was some gravel to concrete

In a vanilla world it works though. I find this strange considering the other players on the server I play can make the block without issue.

photo

For the sake of trying, I renamed the entire spaceengineers folder in appdata\roaming, and started the game to see if there was some corrupted cache or something. It still crashed.

photo

Hello, Kestrel!

Thank you for providing additional information.

As requested in our previous response, kindly send us the log file from the time the crash occurred.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House QA Department

photo

fresh log with only login and attempt at building holo block

photo

Hello, I have this exact same issue. 2 other people on my dedicated server can build hololcd just fine. When i move to my toolbar, bam, the game crashes. So far the only common mod i see is buildinfo. I'm not sure if it may matter but i'm the one who created/manages the dedicated server and i'm the one that is having the issue. I have not logged into the dedicated server manager using my steamID. The other thing I can think of, i'm hosting the server on my LAN, so I connect locally. The other players are remote to connect via my external IP.

attaching my most recent log file as well. I hope this helps.

photo

I tested connected to the external IP, game still crashed when i selected to build the holocd.

server has a lot of mods, pulled from the config file (and cleaned up)

"HUD Compass">

1469072169.sbm

"Craftable Vanilla Consumables">

1848137198.sbm

"Screen Gunk Be Gone!">

1289657379.sbm

"Build Vision 3.0">

1697184408.sbm

"Modular Encounters Systems">

1521905890.sbm

"Small Ship Mega Mod Pack [100% DX-11 Ready]">

305329302.sbm

"BuildInfo (extra block+terminal info, air leak finder)">

514062285.sbm

"Arc Reactor Pack [DX-11 Ready]">

301830183.sbm

"Colorful Icons">

801185519.sbm

"Energy Shields">

484504816.sbm

"Compact Storage Tanks (CST) - V2 - Capacity Update!">

810328054.sbm

"Uranium On Planets Again">

1669754821.sbm

"LaserLowPowerNLOS">

1720869284.sbm

"Compact Antenna with Research Tree Integration">

340298930.sbm

"Parallax Concepts (Formerly Surface Occupation)">

1135484957.sbm

"Imber Corporation (Formerly Air Traffic)">

973526550.sbm

"Automatic Ore Pickup">

657749341.sbm

"Nanobot Build and Repair System fix">

2560631023.sbm

"Nanobot Build and Repair System">

857053359.sbm

"Rich HUD Master"

1965654081.sbm

photo

hi, i fixed my issue, basically I had some leftover/corrupt mod files for "text hud api" which is what buildinfo uses. once i unsubscribed, deleted, resubscribed the hololcd is working now. Just adding the info in here in case it may be helpful for someone else with this issue.

photo
photo

Hello Kestrel,

Thank you for the log file. There seem to be problems with the mods you are using which could be causing the crash. Can you still reproduce this in vanilla world save after the latest update?

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Kestrel,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file