Xbox Controller Bug

SafeSide Baldman shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

So I’ve been fighting with SE on my PC for a minute now ever since the latest update when I load up my game with my Xbox controller or third party controller connected the game registers as though the sticks are moving but if I hold the stick in the opposite direction for a moment it goes the complete opposite direction. I’ve been through the discussion board about the controller issue on steam no luck steam input is disabled I’ve done everything I can think of but alas no luck. I’ve come to the conclusion that until the game gets a new fix or what have you I simply cannot play SE

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, SafeSide Baldman,

can you please provide me more information?

What type of controller are you using, please? SE officially supports only controllers for Xbox One and Xbox Series X on PC.

So if you are using any other controller, it is possible that there would appear some issues with those. And since you are writing "...or third party controller...", it is possible that it would not work fully, and we are not supporting any of those.

Please let me know what kind of Xbox controller you are using.

If you are playing with one of the supported ones, is there any way you can show me the issue in the game better then just with text; video, some screenshots with text description or something like that?

Because I have tried to use the controller and I have not observe the issue that you are mentioning, so if I can see what exactly you are doing and what is happening, that would be a great help!

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I’m currently using an Xbox Elite Controller at present as for the third party one it’s a Razer Wolverine Ultimate. In the attached videos I used the controller that came with my Xbox series S and I still had the same issue. Also in the videos you can see that despite no input my character still moves in all directions only changing when barely touching the left stick. Same goes for the menus at first I suspected I had solved the issue because the problem stopped when I turned the controller sensitivity down to zero alas when jumping into even a new game the issue persisted.

photo

I finally found the solution for the issue.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for sharing the update.

Did turning the controller sensitivity down to zero resolve your issue? If so, does the issue not occur even when restarting the game or on new worlds as well?

Kind Regards,

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file