Weird behavior using atmospheric and hydrogen thrusters

Dalek Caan shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

I can't find any specific steps to reproduce, but its definitly a bug.

I have a craft that uses a sensor to float just above the water mod (disabling the mod doesnt help).

The sensor turns off the up thruster when above an altitude.

When using both atmospheric AND hydrogen together, the craft functions as expected, however once the atmospherics are turned off, both thrusters shut off and won't turn back on for a few moments or until manually turned back on. The bug resolves itself when the atmospheric thrusters are turned back on.

I have attached both the craft and a video of the bug.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Dalek Caan

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, the ship contained some blocks which could not be pasted into vanilla world, which meant that it was not flying and did not contain any sensor which would be controlling the thrusters.

Can you please provide me with vanilla blueprint where you experience the same issue?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

That can't be right. I'm not using any modded blocks on it

EDIT: It does use a lot of DLC blocks though

photo

Sorry, my mistake. Its an event controller which is controlling the thrusters.

I also found the modded block, it was a food resequencer.

photo

Hello, Dalek Caan

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately, I cannot test this grid with modded blocks and in modded world. When I loaded in the blueprint, the hydrogen thruster was not working and the event controller was not recognizing it. When I replaced the thruster and set up the actions again the way they were before, the boat managed to control the altitude and stay above the surface as expected.

Can you please provide me with vanilla blueprint which works in vanilla world and exhibits the bug? I would also appreciate if you could provide me with steps to reproduce or a video.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

I already provided a video in my original post of the malfunction. I'll provide a vanilla blueprint asap

photo

Here is the new blueprint. I have verified it works on a vanilla world. When pasting in, place as close to the ground as possible, then enter the cockpit and press 1. 1 and 2 activate the different engines and 5 activates the lifting thruster

photo
photo

Hello Dalek Caan,

Thank you for new vanilla blueprint. I need more information from you regarding the expected behavior.

If I am understanding it correctly the event controller is watching the altitude and turns off the lift thrusters when it is higher than 26 meters. This works as expected and the lift thrusters do turn off and on depending on this event.

You are saying that when the atmospherics are turned off, both thrusters shut off and won't turn back on for a few moments. Which thrusters are you referring to, please? I tried to test the ship with only the hydrogen thrusters turned on and the ship hovered above ground without a problem. No thrusters were shutting off unless the event controller turned them off. However it was sliding to the right because there was only one source of thrust.

I also tried to turn on all of the thrusters which resulted in destroying the ship because the event controller was unable to turn on and turn off the thrusters fast enough. However when I decreased the thrust override on the Rocket thrusters everything was working without a problem.

From my testing everything works as expected for this setup. Can you please provide me with more information or video in vanilla world where you describe where the problem is exactly? Is the event controller or the thrusters not working together?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file