[Bug/Oversight] Short wheel suspension doesnt fit in small spaces

Kenneth Opdahl shared this bug 7 months ago
Reported

Update:

I found the issue and i was wrong, its not related to offset, but the invisible hitbox behind the wheel block:

8f1ba6732986a09462a5852ef3168459

Whats happening is when the wheel is raised to +1.30 height offset it stops inside the piston due to an invisible collision box on the backside of the wheel, which is why i didnt catch it as there seems to be clearance when theres not.

I dont know if this can be fixed, but im still hoping theres a way for you to ammend the wheels so they can fit into tighter spaces.

Original post:

The new large grid short wheel suspension 3x3 has a higher positive offset than the Large wheel suspension 3x3 (see picture)

be70262ab7565c49996998245bf7584e

This discrepancy, though really small. Is just enough that the new short wheel suspension 3x3 does not fit inside the same small spaces, as the "old" one does

dc4e5b87295ffb10c89352c55316bf9a

This breaks a lot of the viability and playability of the new suspension for technical builders that focus on pistons, rotors and hinges.

This example applies to the "regular short wheel suspension 3x3" This is most likely affecting more, if not all of the new suspension pieces, so it may be worth to have QA inspect all of the new short suspension against their old counterparts as the offsets should make them end up in the same space.

I do hope this gets ammended/corrected soon so i can build some really cool retractable landing gears for future space ships now that they could soon be space efficient! :)

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Kenneth Opdahl,

thank you for contacting us. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file