This object is in archive! 

Steam Crash when downloading mods for singleplayer

Grafton shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

I am trying to use mods through the steam workshop and am encountering issues where amongst other things steam and or SE will CTD when trying to grab a list of mods and/or create the world. I see that there is a known issue for servers but am unable to find a solution for single-player. I have reinstalled SE, and all mods, i have added the SE, Steam, and %appdata% folders as exclusions for windows defender and am running no other antivirus

example of logs:

2023-09-15 18:13:01.496 - Thread: 12 -> MyWorkshop.GetItemsBlocking: getting 59 items 2023-09-15 18:13:21.546 - Thread: 1 -> Error during mod query: Fail 2023-09-15 18:13:21.546 - Thread: 12 -> Could not obtain all workshop item details, expected 59, got 0 2023-09-15 18:13:21.546 - Thread: 12 -> Downloading world mods - END 2023-09-15 18:13:21.562 - Thread: 1 -> Error downloading mods 2023-09-15 18:13:21.562 - Thread: 1 -> LoadSession() - End 2023-09-15 18:13:21.579 - Thread: 1 -> Downloading mods has failed! Please check mods in world settings.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Grafton

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Please disable all plugins, scripts and mods, then try the following:

1. Check Mod Compatibility: Make sure that all the mods you are trying to use are compatible with the version of Space Engineers you have installed. Sometimes, mods become outdated and may not work with the latest game version. Check the Steam Workshop pages for each mod to see if there are any compatibility issues or updates.
  2. Mod Conflicts: Mods can sometimes conflict with each other, causing instability in the game. Try disabling all mods and enabling them one by one to identify if a specific mod is causing the CTD.
  3. Verify Game Files: Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  4. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause crashes in games.
  5. Reduce Graphics Settings: Lowering the graphics settings in the game might help if your hardware is struggling to handle the mods.
  6. Steam Workshop Issues: Steam Workshop can sometimes have server issues. Try accessing the Steam Workshop at a different time or on a different day to see if the problem persists.

Please let me know if the crash persists even after all of the troubleshooting steps.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!