Ship Crashes, not the game

Christian Matthew Embler shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Good morning! Y'all were great helping me with my last support ticket so I'm hoping you can find the answer to my next query.

I've had an issue happen three separate times, basically, my ship suddenly accelerates to insane speeds(I'm not sure how fast) out of the blue. Here are the conditions I remember:

1. I was flying my main ship, I had a smaller ship connected via a connector, and a sub-grid with a rotor, piston, and about 85 drills connected to the main ship via straight tube connectors. All three times, I was either not moving or moving under 1 m/s under the "ship" status, not station.

Once, I was inside an NPC safe zone about to fly away and seemingly without warning, I was launched into space. My smaller ship stayed connected but the sub-grid with the drills had flown off into different directions. I saw that the piston head had severed from the piston. My ship was going full speed, 100m/s

The other two occurrences, I was drilling into an asteroid and again, without warning, my ship jumped forward almost instantly. I ran a few tests in creative mode and by my guess, my ship was going at least 50m/s.

I've tried to jump into creative mode to duplicate the issue with no success. Any help is greatly appreciated! I've attached screenshots though they may not be of much use.

Replies (7)

photo

Hello, Christian Matthew Embler

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share further information with me?

Has this happened in single player or on a server? Have you noticed any lag, different sim speed or higher CPU at that moment?

Can you please provide me with a blueprint of the ship and or a world save where I can test this behavior?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Absolutely!

It's on the "E" server that my friend started up, it's called "Noah's Sever"(yes, he misspelled server) The world is called "Just another day in SE".

Yes, lot's of lag when the event occurs for all three events. There was only post-lag during the two events that destroyed half of the ship, no post-lag after the event when my ship was still intact. I'm not sure how to measure sim speed or CPU at those moments.

I found the roaming files but I'm only seeing my personal worlds, not the server world. Should I be able to see the server save files? My friend hosts it, not me.

I've attached the blueprint of the main ship, it does not contain the rotor, piston, or drills because it's a sub-grid.

I'll attach the empty world where I built the ship with the sub- grid, hopefully that will suffice. Thank you for the help!

photo

Don't judge my ship too hard, I know it's a brick lol

photo

Oh, and again, I've tried to replicate the issue to no avail, I'm sure it's not random but I'm not sure what the conditions need to be for it to occur, I'll keep trying though.

photo

Update: I made a similar drill attached to my ship and I left the drill running overnight. I just logged on and I'm about 10km from where I was drilling. The only thing remaining is the piston body. The piston head, rotor, and drills are gone. However, this time, I'm not seeing any damage to the ship whatsoever. Not even the piston. The ship status is "ship", not "station". And I found the piston positioned at 8m, still moving at .0001m/s, the speed that I set it to before logging off. Let me know if you need any more details.

photo

Hello Christian Matthew Embler,

Thank you for the files. I tried to test it out and let it running for a while. Unfortunately, I did not experience any problems just like when you tested it. Have you noticed any pattern when the bug does occur? Or have you managed to create a ship which lags more often? From what you have described it does seem rather random and very hard to replicate. Any new information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file