Petruk Vitaliy shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello!!!

During the game constantly crashes to the desktop

Always after 30 seconds

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Vitaliy,

thank you for letting us know about this. We are sorry that you are experiencing issues.

Can you please try these general workarounds first:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If nothing from above would work for you, please also make sure that you have no mods/scripts or any other 3rd party SW active, when trying (try to load completely new game without mods).

If this issue will persist for you on vanilla (no mods) worlds after performing these steps, please provide me a log file from one of the affected game sessions.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Vitaliy,

thank you for the log. You have stated that the game crashes after about 30 seconds, however from the log I can see that the game crashes after about 5 minutes and loading a world save. Does the game crash only after you load this save or any other as well? Does it also crash in the main menu?

I have also noticed that you are running some mods and scripts. Please deactivate all of them and try to launch a new vanilla game. If you experience the crash again, share the newly generated log file with me, please.

If possible, could you provide me with a save file, where you experience this problem?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file