Air Vents Random not working / Not pressurizing

Christian Nill shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello again.

And again we have big problems (game issues) with the game. We play now about 3 or 4 Weeks on my server (dedicated server)... but yes with mods.

Now the Problem:

Sometimes (at random time) air vents from a station stop working. They will try to pressurize but the room gets not pressurized then they stop and from this time i have to restart the server that the air vents resume work.

This problem we had with Vanilla SE as SE with Mods... No difference.

Additional i have to say: YES i have tripple-checked that there is absolutely no leak.

I know this bug exists since... I think... Since i have this game (for years). Is there a solution or can i reset the gas system ingame that the air vents recalculate the air tightness and work again?

If you need files, logs what ever just contact me but pls remember. We are using Mods like 99% of servers

Greetings

Christian Nill

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Christian Nill,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please provide me with a world save? Can you please remove all of the mods before attaching it here, so I can test in in a vanilla game? Sharing a video where you show me the room which does not get pressurized would also greatly help me.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated\Saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Any Suggestions about the problem ?

photo

Nothing new ? I know this problem exists on many servers with and without mods. Is there a solution except restarting the server every 3 cycles ?

photo
photo

Sooooo... Finally i could reproduce the bug.

The world is called "Space Rebels". The video with the bug is found in youtube: YouTube Link

The entire world is saved as "supportworld.zip" but the name of the world is "Space Rebels". The Grid to demonstrate is called "Alpha Station". The download-Link from Google Drive is there: World Save

The world is set to experimental because of the block limits and floating objects.

You can reproduce the bug if you toggle the airlock multiple times. The airlock is controlled by a programmable block in the "Steuerung" room at the end of the floor.

Greetings

Christian Nill

photo

I have to give a notice. Some times the "other" way happens. In very few situations a Base WITH AN AIRLEAK gets pressurized (missing block etc). The vent pressurizes ist. You can fly through the hole in the wall. But only one block of size. If its bigger the vent detects the leak (YES iam talking about vanilla without experimental)

Greetings

photo

Hello, Christian Nill,

I am very sorry but I am still having problems reproducing the bug. I tested it several times on multiple days but the pressurization worked every time without any issues.

You mentioned the bug happens randomly. Have you noticed any pattern or more reliable steps to reproduce when testing the behavior?

Any further information would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Christian Nill,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file