My game always crash when I press the G button for the menu

matthew london shared this bug 7 months ago
Solved

Hello, after the new update Im having the issue with my game crashing, whenever I press the G button or equip any of the tools in the hotbar my game always crashes. Im also sending the crash log, I hope it will help.

Replies (3)

photo

delete C:\Users\londo\AppData\Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves\76561199385980474\ViewedContent.sbl and you should be golden

photo

Hello, matthew,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

Yes, Isler_ is most likely right. After deleting the said file, the game started to work for other players with the same exception in the logs. So please first try this.

If it won't work for you, you can try our other general workarounds. These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything from above works. If not, please provide me new set of logs after performing these steps.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineers,

this problem should be fixed in hotfix 203.024. Please update the game. We will be glad if you let us know if the problem has been fixed

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file