Audio bug

Dino shared this bug 7 months ago
Need More Information

Hello everyone, 

when I save a game and go back to the menu. Is the sound always much too loud, louder than the controller indicates. For example, the controller is set to 10% in the game, but when I go to the menu it is as loud as if the controller were set to 100%. I have this Bug since 3 DLC'S. New install don't help.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Dino,

thank you for letting us know about this issue and we are sorry that you are experiencing it.

Can you please provide me more information?

Are you speaking about Music volume or Sound volume option? Please share me the screenshot from your game from Options -> Audio settings menu.

The volume slider does not move when entering/exiting the game? It is always on the same spot?

Do you experience this issue also in other games or software when using it for extended period of time?

Are the steps the very same all the time? It is just about the music in the Main menu? This never happened in the game when playing?

As I'm not able to reproduce it on my side, it would be great if you can show it to me on the video (audio included).

Additionally, please share me your log file from the game and also from dxdiag from Windows so I have some information about your sound devices that you are using.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Ondrej,

at first thanks for your really fast answer.

I speak about Music and Volume Sound option. That are my settings for Sound and Music.(20230907162946_1)

I can't use 100% without pain in my ears!

If i save a game and go back to the Menu, the slider for Sound and Music are on the same Spot.

This Problem i have only in Space Engineers.

The Sound problem i have only if i save and go back to the Menu, its never happend ingame.

Sorry i can't make a video with Sound, but the Problem is everday with or without mods, or something else.

I hope i find the right log file from the dxdiag for you.(DxDiag.txt)

Sorry but i don't know what kind of file you need from the Roaming folder.

And thanks for your help, i love this game with and without the Sound problem.^.^

photo

Hello, Dino,

thank you for all the additional information.

As for the log file, please navigate to the Roaming folder (path written above) and from the Space Engineers folder, please pick any of the logs from the game session where you experienced the issue and send it to me here.

The logs are named: SpaceEngineers_(date)_(time).

It would be great if you can make some example log – just run the game, start/load any world, save it, go back to Main menu (where the issue happens) and close the game right after, so the log end there and we have only this recorded in the log file.

Did you try to validate game files or any other workarounds in the past?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Ondrej,

This are my both logs for you. I hope the logs can help.

The only thing I've tried is uninstalling the game completely and deleting all data from my hard drive.

As well as deleting Space Engineers data stored on Steam.

Unfortunately without success, as I said, I've had this problem with the sound for a long time and unfortunately I don't know what else I could do.

Thanks for your help.

photo
photo

Hello, Dino,

thank you for the logs. Can you please try to download and install these libraries? It contains some files which could potentially help you with your problem.

Can you also please verify your game files in Steam?

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

You can also reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update your graphic drivers

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Thank you for letting me know if it worked.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Guys,

I tried everything you suggested.

Unfortunately without success.

All drivers are up to date, I just deleted everything from Space Engineers that was on my hard drive, completely uninstalled it and reinstalled it.

The sound bug still persists.

It's a bit annoying that the sound in the menu is suddenly so loud after saving, but not so bad that it stops me from continuing to play the game.

Thank you very much for all your efforts.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file