Major graphical errors

Wulfrune shared this bug 8 months ago
Won't Fix

Dear Customer Support.

I am experiencing extreme graphical corruption while playing Space Engineers.

I run a top of the range system that I built myself and I can assure you that it runs fine with games like Baldurs Gate 3 & Starfield each of which is played using ultra settings.

Please could you suggest a fix as this is making the game unplayable.

Kind regards

Wulfrune

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Wulfrune,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Could you share further information with me?

Has this always been happening or is a new issue after the latest update? What are the steps that you have already taken? Are you playing on the highest settings? Those are more suited for video making or rendering rather than a gameplay.

If you have not made any troubleshooting steps, please try the following:

1. Update Graphics Drivers (Again): Even though your system is high-end, it's essential to ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Sometimes, specific game updates or patches require the latest drivers to work correctly.
  2. Graphics Card Overclocking: If you've overclocked your GPU, try reverting it to its default settings. Overclocking can sometimes lead to stability issues and graphical glitches.
  3. Check Space Engineers Configuration:Open Space Engineers and navigate to the graphics settings.Try adjusting various graphics settings to see if the issue persists. For example, try lowering the graphics settings to the minimum and gradually increasing them to find the setting causing the problem. Restart the game after each try. Ensure you're using the correct screen resolution and aspect ratio for your monitor.
  4. DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables: Make sure you have the latest DirectX and Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages installed. Sometimes, missing or outdated runtime libraries can cause issues.
  5. Nvidia Control Panel or AMD Radeon Software: Access your graphics card's control panel (Nvidia Control Panel for Nvidia GPUs or AMD Radeon Software for AMD GPUs) and try adjusting specific settings for Space Engineers. These panels allow you to create custom profiles for individual games, which can help with compatibility.
  6. Delete ShaderCache folder: type %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  7. Verify your game files in Steam:
    -Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

If none of the above work then please share your log file with me.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file