This object is in archive! 

New Game issues, No spawn of asteroids even with high density

NorseLord shared this bug 14 months ago
Won't Fix

So, first, for what ever reason i coulnt for the life of me load in anygame, it got stuck at 100% percent every time, second after entirely delete Space engineers from my drive, every new game i load in Stock, no mods, no asteroids spawn in the world. i dont know if its a bug or what.

Thanks

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, NorseLord,

thank you for letting us know about this issue.

Can you please provide me more information?

Do I understand it correctly that the loading issue (stuck on 100%) is already fixed?

What game exactly are you loading, please? Since you are writing "every", is there some (e.g. Empty space), where you can observe the issue the most? Are there no asteroids whatsoever or just really sparse? What graphical setting are you using?

Are the asteroids present more densely in games that you started in previous versions (before this v203 update)? You are still able to locate any asteroids there?

Can you please share me a save file of any affected world? Also please provide me a screenshot from some place in space where you would expect asteroids, but there are none. Please save the world on that place and send it to me, so I can load your game on my side as well and investigate further.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Can you also send me a log file from any of game sessions where you load to the world without asteroids, please?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, NorseLord,

thank you for sending me over the save file.

When I have tried to load the game, it was success, it loaded properly and my character was spawned.

However, I did carry over only the save folder itself, not the rest of the files in the folder (ViewedContent, LaseSession and ActiveInventory). I used mine for the test.

There were some issues reported by other players with similar symptoms (unable to load/start game) and their problem was solved by deleting these; especially the ViewedContent.sbl. Please try that before launching the game next time.

Let me know if that solved the issue that you are experiencing. If not, could you please provide the log I requested in my previous response?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!