Aquarium Projection Visual Bug

Shoya Haa'runi shared this bug 8 months ago
Reported

When projecting a large grid using the console block, the inset aquarium creates a visual effect of bubbles spewing in a column up and out of it, visible through the outer hull of projection despite being internal. In the attached you can see the effect. It shows the column of bubbles coming from the middle. Maybe important, the console block was projected the same as it was on. I attempted to recreate the bug, placing aquarium inside a cube and projecting. See second attached. The bubble effect did not reoccur on this grid, however it persists on the first one.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Shoya Haa'runi,

thank you for letting us know about this issue.

While I did reproduce it as well on my side, there are certain steps needed to be taken in order this issue would start to appear on my side. Can you please confirm or disprove these?

- The aquarium is broken for me when I play in Creative mode only. Can not reproduce it on Survival.

- There needs to be some kind of power supply that automatically turns On (in Creative) when the grid is projected; I used e.g. reactor (not working with battery for me).

- When I reload the game or for example turn the console block Off and On again, this effect is also not visible, as the reactor is now projected in Off state/without power. Blueprint with the aquarium needs to be removed of the Console projection and pushed back in again using the "Blueprints" button.

Is the issue the same on your side? Or are you able to reproduce this issue on Survival world as well?

If yes, can you please share me the save file with the affected grid (console already projecting the grid with the aquarium)?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also if there are any steps needed to be taken before the aquarium block starts to be broken on the projection, please share me those as well.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Further testing:

- Creative only confirmed, Originally appeared in creative, cannot recreate in survival world with same conditions

- Active Power confirmed: replaced battery with reactor on my test grid and bug appeared

- Turning the console block or the grid itself off did not end the effect for me as it restarted when power was restored, additionally removing and reselecting the blueprint within the console causes it to reappear

-Repasting the grid or reloading the world, however, did cause it to cease, including the grid i originally noticed it on.

I can provide the original creative world if you still need that, but it seems the steps are mostly the same

photo

Hello, Shoya Haa'runi,

thank you for your reply where we agreed on the details.

I have reported this issue into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file