Missing Tools

Toonmaster_1 shared this bug 8 months ago
Won't Fix

I recently upgraded the hand tools in the game, but after a few day the tools stopped working. I shows them in the hot bar but that's all just a shadow of the tools. I went back to using the old tools then after a few days I made a new set on the recommendation of a streamer (CruzCodaPlays). Again the tools went back to being a shadow unusable. Last night it was suggested to try replacing them again this time being the third time use creative which I did and again as you can see by the attach file, so again I am back to the old tools that I started the game with. Please try to fix this problem which I have been told has been going on now since about 2014 with no patch yet to fix it.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Toonmaster_1,

thank you for reaching our forum with your issue.

Can you please provide me more information?

I did try various approaches but the tools stayed both in my inventory and on the toolbar with the proper icon.

Are you sure you have the tools in your character's inventory? Can you please show me on short video or screenshots taken at the same time, that you have the tools in your character's inventory and the icon (with the same tier mark) is blurred on the quick-bar?

You are mentioning that you experience this issue with the upgraded tools... but on the image you provided I can see that there are the basic tiers. From what I can see, it seems that you don't have these tools in the inventory and that is why you can not use them from the quick-bar.

What exactly do you mean by "...suggested to try replacing them again this time being the third time use creative..."?

Did you switch whole game to Creative using the Edit settings from the Load screen, add the higher tiers to the quick-bar from the G-screen, saved the game and change it again to Survival mode? That way it would not work, as the reason is the same as above – once you switch back to Survival, you don't have the tools in the inventory of your character.

Or did you add them by using the Creative tools in the game and add these through the Spawn menu?

Does this issue happen to you with all the tool tiers, or you have observer it only with some (which)?

Are there any set of steps to reproduce, please? Meaning not only when the tools disappear to you (when you save and load the game? or also while you play?), but also any other steps that you possibly take before the tools disappear? Does this happen in single player or in multiplayer?

Please see my image of the tools on my character's quick-bar. Even when I do not have the higher tiers of the tools in my inventory, the tier mark is still visible there.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file