"Error: cannot find the blueprint file."

deklan Prinzing shared this bug 8 months ago
Solved

Hello! I was working on some ships in SE when I wanted to spawn a test target. this was a vanilla ship on a vanilla world, and for some reason I couldn't spawn it. I can spawn modded ships, even some vanilla ships. but a larger portion of my bps cannot be spawned! I've tried validating game files, restarting SE, and loading blueprints in a new world (to no avail) and I'm really worried about it.

Replies (15)

photo

4022996e14df833fc6e071e915cdca54

photo

I'm having the same issue on multiple BP's

photo

Hello Engineers,

We've encountered this problem in the past (after an update). Could you try to update to version 203.022 b3 (new hotfix)? Did it help? If not, can you send us a game log just in case? We have also verified this issue with console players, reinstalling the game helped there. Could you try it as well?

Please let us know.

photo

I’m away from my setup for the next few days but I’ll be sure to try that! Thanks for the help!

photo

After un installing and re installing my game, I still can't load the problematic blueprints. I can't find the version that you are talking about, and I forget how to send logs. How do you send logs again?

photo

I got the new DLC and I have lost a large number of my blueprints. Some of these blueprints, I put in hundreds of hours creating. They are all supposed to be stored on the Cloud so I am at a complete and total loss as to how they have disappeared. I am so upset right now I can barely think straight. Please tell me they aren't gone. I have no other backups.

I am on PC. I get the exact same error. I tried restarting, validating. Nothing so far.

photo

Hello, Engineers,

thank you for your replies.

The version number is visible in the main menu (or pause – ECS – menu in the game) in the bottom right corner. Please see my image.

As for logs, you can access them by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

It would be also very helpful if you can share any (or all) broken blueprints that you have (if they are still present in the folder).

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Also can you please check the Option in the game? There is currently new option "Blueprint Share" in Options -> Game. Can you check if this option is On or Off for you? Does anything change when you try to disable/enable this option (opposed to what you have now)? Please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have the correct version of SE, and I have 2 logs, I will send both. I have blueprint share on. I will try disabling/re enabling this.

photo

Toggling Blueprint share has not fixed the problem.

photo

Having the same problem with all my finished blueprints. Locally saved.

added 2 logs and error bp folder.

photo

I may have discovered the issue and / or some important clues.

When I browsed the SE cloud directory on my computer all I could see was thumbnail files. I was able to determine that the in-game steam synch option has been discussed online as the culprit in other threads.

See: Lost all my blueprints :: Space Engineers General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

Cloud/previous blueprints missing in game | Space Engineers PC Support (keenswh.com)

(1) Blueprint files missing : spaceengineers (reddit.com)

I found a strange workaround to the issue. I could still see my blueprints in the F10 menu, but I got the error message when I clicked the blueprint. All of my blueprints were in the cloud save. I was told that there was a way to download an archived cloud save from Steam, but I could never figure out how to do that. Instead, the workaround I found was able to save all my ships except for one.

I clicked on a blueprint in creative and then tried to publish it. If it was one of the glitched blueprints the system would give me an error telling me my screenshot was too large and to try again. Then I paused the game and went to the blueprint / temp folder. And voila!!!! There was my blueprint. I did this for all of my creations and put them into the local folder.

For some reason the local folder got deleted after I did all of this. I think it may have had something to do with the steam synch option - I unchecked it after my stuff got deleted. Anyways, I saved all of my blueprints in a folder outside of the game directory so that it couldn't pull that trick on me again.

The cloud save function was always a little sketchy, so I am not surprised that it had this issue. Going forward, my saves are now on the workshop and the blueprint folder is going to be backed up daily by dropbox. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Thank you so much for all the additional information, logs and especially the bugged blueprints.

It helped me in order to reproduce this issue on our side as well and I have put it into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello! It's been a few days, has there been any progress figuring out the solution?

photo
photo

It seems the BP file is missing a <SelectedGpsHash>0</SelectedGpsHash> in the MyBasicMissionFollowHome

photo

Hello Engineers,

this problem should be fixed in hotfix 203.024. Please update the game. We will be glad if you let us know if the problem has been fixed

Thank you.

Kind regards,

photo

You fixed it! thanks so much for taking the time to help me!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file