Weird texture issue

Elijah Johnson shared this bug 8 months ago
Solved

I'm in a hole on the Mars like planet... The textures here are bugged out. So far, I've turned off Ambient Occlusion and PostProcessing, but that didn't work. Will try to start removing mods now.

fc9f8a06c8e3e6bbac838d79d4175e29

a8c1d60fb010c8e0c59dcafb2f8669a5

EDIT: I removed all the mods I had on this world. Problem still persists. Also reloaded textures through the Alt+F11 menu.

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Elijah Johnson,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with voxel texture. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it.

Since you removed all of the mods, have you also removed all scripts and plugins? If so, then please try the following:

1. Lower Graphics Settings: Reduce your graphics settings to the lowest possible values to see if the issue persists. Then quit the game and change them back to medium or high. See if the issue persists.
  2. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupted drivers can lead to graphical glitches. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) to download and install the latest drivers.
  3. Verify Game Files: Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  4. Delete ShaderCache folder: type %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers

If none of the above work then please share your log file with me.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Elijah Johnson,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with voxel texture. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it.

Since you removed all of the mods, have you also removed all scripts and plugins? If so, then please try the following:

1. Lower Graphics Settings: Reduce your graphics settings to the lowest possible values to see if the issue persists. Then quit the game and change them back to medium or high. See if the issue persists.
  2. Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated or corrupted drivers can lead to graphical glitches. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) to download and install the latest drivers.
  3. Verify Game Files: Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  4. Delete ShaderCache folder: type %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers

If none of the above work then please share your log file with me.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Once I lowered the texture quality settings, everything worked itself out. It tends to happen sporadically, but once I lower the settings and then up them again, it fixes it. I keep in mind the other tips if it happens again.

Thanks once again!

photo
photo

Hello, Elijah Johnson,

I am happy to hear your problem was solved. Since there is no assistance from me needed anymore I will close this thread. If you encounter any issues in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

You are welcome and happy engineering!

Kind regards,

photo

I don't consider a hacky workaround a "fixed problem". It shouldn't be happening in the first place, this is a very severe graphical glitch.

Keen, do better than this, for the love of god.

photo

This is not solved. Having to go into settings to turn down, then back up, your graphics settings is not a fix.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file