Third person camera - issue when piloting a grid with other grids attached via connector

JueBluice shared this bug 8 months ago
Reported

Since the third person camera improvements in the Warfare Evolution update there is an annoying side effect when flying a ship with that has other grids attached with connectors. The camera will collide with the other attached grids when looking around and zoom in usually right onto the connector. This makes it quite difficult to fly in third person while carrying other ships as there are certain angles you just cannot see from because the docked grids interfere with the camera.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, JueBluice,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I am not sure what exact camera movement and issue you are referring to. Can you please provide me with a video and a world save where you can demonstrate the behavior?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

Here is a video and a world file that should hopefully demonstrate what the problem is. I slapped together some small ships fairly quickly for demonstration purposes but I can imagine that this camera behavior would be far more annoying and possibly even dangerous for say a carrier that has multiple ships in its hangar bay.

photo
photo

Hello, JueBluice,

thank you very much for the video and world save. It clarified which camera movement you were referring to and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Please fix this bug as soon as possible. It makes it impossible to play on drone carrier ship.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file