Space Engineers crashing issues while playing on desktop computer

samuel shared this bug 8 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello, I am experiencing crashing issues while playing Space Engineers on desktop computer. Space Engineers could start up normally but will start crashing after playing for around 15 minutes without any system error message popping out.

I tried several methods as below:

1. reinstalling Space Engineers

> did not help the situation, still have crashing issues afterwards

2. reinstalling Steam (the platform I used to download Space Engineers)

> did not help the situation, still have crashing issues afterwards

3. verify integrity of game files (ie. verify this game's files are installed correctly)

> "All 34488 files successfully validated" is showned after verifing (please refer to attached pictures)

I downloaded the log file of Space Engineers, please see attachment "SpaceEngineers_20230901_154303663".

My computer configuration is as below:

i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz

64GB RAM

64-bit operating system

Graphics card is RTX 3060

SSD 1000GB > Space Engineers is installed on SSD

HDD 4000GB

Please help to solve the crashing issues that I am experiencing on Space Engineers.

Thank you very much.

Best,

Samuel

Replies (3)

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Samuel!

Thank you for writing to us, and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Upon reviewing the provided log, we couldn't identify any errors or exceptions related to the reported crash. To further investigate this issue, could you kindly update your game to the latest version (1.203.022 b3) patch, and try the following steps;

Verify your game files again on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

After completing these steps, kindly launch the game via Steam and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue persists, kindly send us the game log file and Windows Event Viewer log from when the crash occurred.

To get the Windows Event Viewer log, please open the Event Viewer (from the start menu, type Event Viewer). In the Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs, Application, and send the top “.NET Runtime” error from Application: SpaceEngineers.exe. (please see attached image).

To do this right, please follow these steps:

1) Select the correct file on the left side (Application)

2) Select first the .NET runtime error from the top (using default ordering)

3) Copy the large bottom text and send it to us.

Please Note: make sure that the info is from the Application: SpaceEngineers.exe

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Dear QA Department,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Firstly, I updated the version of Space Engineers on my desktop to the latest version (1.203.022 b3), please refer to attachment "Game Interface after update". Then, I verified the game files again on Steam and "All 34488 files successfully validated" is showned after verifying (please refer to attached picture).

Secondly, I deleted SpaceEngineers.cfg file and ShaderCache folder. After launching the game via Steam, the crashing issues still occurs. Please see the attached game log file "SpaceEngineers_20230902_114900879".

For Windows Event Viewer log, I could not find ".NET Runtime", only "Application Error" could be found (please refer to attachment "Event Viewer - Application Error"). I am using Windows 10 home and I am not sure if the Windows' version will affect the source wordings or not. I copied the text from Application Error for your reference, please see the attachment "Text copied from Application Error".

Please see if the above information and attachments could help you to figure out why I am experiencing the crashing issues on Space Engineers. If you need any further information, please feel free to reach out.

Once again thank you for your prompt reply.

Best,

Samuel

photo

Hello, Samuel!

Thank you for providing further information.

The application error "XAudio2_7.dll_unloaded" in the Event Viewer log is an issue that usually occurs due to the Windows operating system. To resolve this error, kindly try the following steps:

1) Press Win + R, type 'services.msc', and press Enter

2) Find 'Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service', and double tap/click it

3) Click Stop

4) Select 'disabled' at 'Startup type

Unless you have a touch screen and use it for typing, you can permanently turn it off using the above steps.

Launch the game via Steam and check if you still experience a game crash.

If the issue persists, another workaround would be to reinstall DirectX from this link;

Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX Redist (June 2010).

This will overwrite all DX9,10 & 11 files.

Once completed, please relaunch the game to see if the issue has been resolved.

Kind regards,

photo
photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file