Window corner blocks prevent airflow but do not hold air

Ian Hartzog shared this bug 8 months ago
Need More Information

Very simply put, the 2x1 and 1x1 corner "Face" and "Inverted" window blocks are airtight on all faces - this means that they seal spaces, however they also do not contain air. Each block volume, when entered, displays vacuum (or the exterior condition) and air will not flow through them.

This makes custom cockpits essentially worthless, as they will not fill with air.

I don't know if this is an issue with the mountpoints or an issue with the block not being tagged as pressurize-able but it should be a relatively quick fix.

I have tested this on Large Grid, but not Small Grid. I can provide screenshots for clarity if needed.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Ian,

thank you for letting us know about this.

Can you please provide me more information?

Especially if you could write what window blocks exactly are suffering with the issue (in-game name).

Also if you can provide a screenshot so I can see the build that you have in mind so I can recreate it, that would help as well.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Of course!

(Some slight editing was used)

The blue volume remains pressurized, the red blocks are affected by the bug.

- Window 1x2 Face

- Window 1x2 Face Inv.

- Window 1x1 Face

...Are highlighted in red. I assume other blocks are suffering the same problem but have not run an exhaustive search.

Thank you for the speedy response and I hope to see this bug fixed soon!

photo

blocks in this game can only have one airtightness state (basicly) and its either airtight or not, meaning corner window pieces cant tell which face should be open for airflow, and therefore keen make all face impossible for airflow

the same issue present on sloped windows aswell

we can only daydream about this getting fixed in SE2

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file