Merged Saved Files

TheRebornAce shared this bug 8 months ago
Solved

After updating the game to Warfare Evolution, I load into my locally saved survival world and for some reason my creative world (completely separate file) merged into this world.

The blocks are not physical so I can't interact with them. I try to go back into a backup saved file and the bug still appears in the game. I also tried removing all my mods and the visual still remains. Verified my files and still there.

How can I get rid of this (I assume) visual bug? Thanks in advance.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and we are sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

Could you please provide more information regarding this issue?

When you mentioned 'merged,' are you referring to the grids from your other creative world moved into your affected survival world?

Is this issue specific to this particular world save, or does it occur with other saved worlds, including fresh/new vanilla (with no active MODs) worlds as well?

Have you tried reloading the affected world to check if the issue persists? If so, please follow these suggested workarounds, which may help resolve the issue:

Verify your game files in Steam (retry this step to check if all the files get verified successfully)

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

After completing these steps, kindly launch the game via Steam and check if the issue still occurs in the affected world.

If the issue persists in the affected world save file, please send us both the world save and the log file from when the issue occurred.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi, I was able to recover most of my world by reverting an old save 2 hrs back. Still not sure what caused it but we should be good now. Thanks for your assistance.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing the issue.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, we are closing this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file