Silver armour no longer accepts a colour.

Shumba shared this bug 7 months ago
Won't Fix

Previously I could tint blocks using the silver armour skin with a colour to give some nice effects. It seems that this is no longer possible as all colours applied to silver armour result in the same white base colour effect.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Shumba,

Thank you for contacting Keen Software House.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues.

However, I do believe that this was never possible, even after discussion with our art team and checking back in game when silver skin was added (v192). And the silver skin was not colorable there neither. It stayed silver all the time.

Are you sure you mean indeed silver armor and not the retrofuture one? That is also metallic and colorable.

If your really thing the silver armor is broken, can you please roughly tell me in what version of the game was it?

Please also make sure that you are not using any mods, as we do not provide support for those. If yes, and if the mod gives you ability to color skins like silver and gold, please contact the mod creator/owner, as it's their responsibility to keep the mod working with the current version of the game. And since there was update just yesterday, it's possible that the mod is not updated yet.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

No mods.. I remember trying it around the release of a new DLC where I always play about modless, I just can’t remember what one. And while I didn’t use it often, I certainly remember making metallic armours at some point. Unfortunately I don’t often make blueprints so don’t think I have any grids saved with it.

Pretty odd if this was an unintentional bug, perhaps it should be a feature =D

photo
photo

Hello, Engineer,

since there was no new information from your side, and we were no able to reproduce this problem on our side without these information/steps to reproduce, I will close this thread now.

If you are still experiencing this issue/will ever see it again in the game, please let us know and open new thread with all the necessary information about the current state/behavior.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file