Timer blocks dont turn on AI behavior after new update

GATQS shared this bug 7 months ago
Solved

My fighter bomber has missiles that are triggered via timer block and after the new update the timer blocks turn everything else on except the AI behavior on the Flight and Offensive AI blocks

Replies (6)

photo

i have a similar issue had some missiles that were working with ai move an combat blocks, but now they both seem to be bugged. the move ai doesn't seem active even when both the block and ai behavior are on, but the combat blocks ai shuts off its behavior if it doesn't find a target. to get them to work i need to turn on and off both the blocks and the behaviors. pretty sure its the move on/off, then combat on/off, but im not really inclined to redesign the missile to include a reverse thrust unless this is what is causing the problem.... hope not (its a missile not a drone)

photo

Hello, Engineers,

than you for letting us know about this issue.

However, I had a hard time to reproduce it when trying. Can you please provide me more information?

I have built the AIs on the grid newly. I take it yours was made in the previous version of the game and got broken after the update on already existing grids/blueprints?

Can you please try to make a new blueprint of the broken ship, paste it in your game and try if it is broken on the newly pasted grid(s) as well? Or does it only happen on grid(s) that have already been in the game before the update?

If you will experience this issue also on the blueprinted ship, can you please share me the blueprint of the affected ship(s)?

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

If the newly pasted blueprints would work fine, can you please share me the whole save file where you are experiencing this issue with the ships?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I tried saving the blueprint and opening on a new world to no avail, please tell me if you find a fix. Lastly my Fighter/Bomber grid is attached in the zip file

photo

so update. my missile rack has 8 missiles all missiles are their associated rack have their own numbered name(so basically "ai(combat) 1" "ai(combat) 2" ect.. ). and they don't work like that. until I separated each launcher rack from the others with hinge now it all works just fine. maybe some odd interference?

photo
photo

I had a similar problem with my heavy fighter/bomber. When the missile was disconnected, timer would not turn on the AI Behavior. I was able to get around this by making the On-Off-On AI Move and then Combat when firing, and then On again when turning off the thrust overwrite.

photo

I noticed a change in the color of the SI Move block. Merge block on - green color, off - yellow color and error message. The On-Off-On first Motion then Combat helps.

Missile saved separately and pasted works fine.

I think that when disconnected AI blocks "lose" thrusters.

photo
photo

Hello, GATQS,

thank you for the blueprint. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

photo

Saw similar problem. My issue could be related, as my AI blocks are also triggered/turned on by a timer block

https://steamcommunity.com/app/244850/discussions/1/3817418793964205273/

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/41236-ai-block-not-functioning-even-when-on-youtube-video-and-published-game-file

it also has a game file and a youtube video illustrating the issue.

photo

Hello Engineers,

this problem should be fixed in hotfix 203.024. Please update the game. We will be glad if you let us know if the problem has been fixed

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file