Two Bugs

captain_chance 23 shared this bug 8 months ago
Won't Fix

So basically while i was browsing the new blocks i noticed that some blocks are missing their picture in the selection menu. that isnt too big of a deal however the second bug (or mmaybe they removed it) is bad. i cannot zoom out while in third person in a ship. or even zoom in. which makes it hard for me to fly big ships in small spaces. the keybinds are correct it just wont work.

(attachment of an example of one of the blocks missing its picture)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, captain_chance 23,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problems that you have encountered in the game.

As for the first one, that is not an issue but a new feature. If you take a closer look in the G-screen, you can switch between the large and small grids with the buttons in the top right corner of the G-screen. Considering your example block (the door category), you can see that the N/A is on the Sci-Fi Sliding Door block. That is correct, because that block in only available in the small grid version. You have selected the large one. The N/A means that the block is not available in chosen group.

If you will switch the grid size on the example block, you can see this (image), where only the Door and Sci-Fi Sliding Door are available, while all the other blocks are N/A now as there is no small grid variant for them.

For the other issue that you are mentioning, can you please provide me more information?

When I did try it, I was perfectly able to zoom in and our in 3rd person when in ship. Are you sure you are holding <Alt> key and scrolling with the mouse wheel?

There are some changes in the camera movement/position, so the camera might seems closer when zoomed fully in. But you are saying that it is not working at all for you, if I understand I correctly?

Does this happen with one ship, or multiple? Is is broken for you in single player, in Lobby mode or on any (official) server?

If you would be able to provide me a save file where there will be the affected ship ready in some problematic place (or with steps how to get there), that would be great!

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

If not able to provide a save file, alternatively, you can send me the blueprint of the affected ship and write me some steps how to get to the situation where the issue can be observed.

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Files: door.png
photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file