Large Hinge Conveyor Connection Broken

Bex Cheetham shared this bug 7 months ago
Solved

Hi,

Large grid hinges no longer pass items through the conveyor system. The connection is broken regardless of whether you use a small or large head.

Small grid hinges work as usual, as do advanced rotors and pistons

Replies (10)

photo

Same Bug since last update with new DLC

photo

Same bug since last update

Only pass through problem with Large Grid version of the Hinge block.

Small grid hinge 1x1 & 3x2 work as usual

Large and small grid Advanced Rotors work as usual

Large and small grid Pistons work as usual

...Perhaps a connection problem inside the mwm large grid hinge model !?!

photo

Big show stopper for me, I use the large grid hinge with small grid head to use small grid blocks in large grid ship. I built some new hinges to make sure newly built blocks had the same problem and they do.

photo

I may be find a way to solve it

IN C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Content\Models\Cubes\large>

replace this File with 202 version :

-a----        01/09/2023     00:04          60561 Hinge.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:04          35827 HingeHead.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:03         524716 HingeHead_LOD0.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:03         262560 HingeHead_LOD1.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:04         131488 HingeHead_LOD2.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:04          33184 HingeHead_LOD3.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:03        1049004 Hinge_LOD0.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:03         524704 Hinge_LOD1.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:04         131488 Hinge_LOD2.mwm
-a----        01/09/2023     00:04          33184 Hinge_LOD3.mwm

It's Work

photo

Hello. Bex!

Thank you for letting us know.

The issue has been reported to our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This one, the Advanced Rotor is not working too as the other conveyor hinges, doesn't let materials pass.

photo

I can confirm, that by rolling back the game to 1.202, saving the hinge files, upgrading to 1.203, and replacing them resolves the issue (Steam betas function)

photo

After a download this afternoon (maybe was a small fix?) i'm able to move materials from drills to the refineries through Large hinges, rotor and pistons; BUT just dragging those with the mouse in the UI of inventory tab; The refinery doesnt pick the materials itself, i tried many combinations with conveyors, etc. and nothing.

photo

Hello Engineer,

we've released version 203.022 b3 (primarily check that it is version b3), which should fix this problem.

Please confirm that you have received this update (you can check the version in the main menu on the bottom right).

If so, please let us know if the issue is resolved?

Kind Regards,

photo

Hi,

Yes the issue appears to be resolved.

Thanks!

photo

+1 resolved.

photo

The issue is not resolved. Hinges do not convey oxygen. I just tried this with a test build. Design is as follows:

Battery > O2 tank 1 > Hinge > O2 Tank 2

O2 tank 1 was full, while O2 tank 2 was set to stockpile. O2 tank 2 wouldn't fill. This was tested on Keen NA #3.

As of v1.203.022 b3, Oxygen does not transfer through hinges.

photo

Hello, the problem persists. After Update, i wanst even able to drag the stone drilled; now the only improvement is i can manually drag with my mouse the materials from drill's inventory to the refinery's inventory; but for any reason, the Conveyors, Hinges, Rotor, or Pistons, doesnt automatically gather the Drilled materials from drill to refineries.

This is the arm i'm using, now has only one drill; before the update i was able to use 6 drills together with same arm with no troubles and materials went correctly from drill's invetory to the refineries.

I attach 2 screenshots; One of my mining arm, just in case if i'm doing something wrong. And the second is on the menu of the client version.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

Happy to hear that the fix is working for you as well.

ButterToads and Dux, I have tried both your examples, but there is no issue on my side. Please see attached screenshots.

ButterToads, as you can see, I have build very similar if not the same grid that you are describing and even the oxygen was transferred from one oxygen tank to the other one (you can see both with all four indicators lit) when in between there was only the hinge block.

Can you please try to build this grid from the scratch again after the hinges were updated (v203.022 b3) and try the same on the grid with already fixed hinge pasted/build as totally new? It is possible that when using the old (broken) hinge in the build, the fix might not be properly transferred there. But on new grid, as on image, I can not reproduce this issue anymore.

Dux, same goes for you. I have tried to build demo grid according your images. I have not experience the ores getting stuck in the drill head inventory space. All was transferred to the refinery block correctly and automatically. See my second image. Please also try to re-build the hinge completely from scratch.

If any of you are still experiencing any issue with the hinge block (newly build), please open new threads for your exact issue and provide us information there including the blueprint of the grid and/or save file where this issue can be observed.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Still trying, and nothing, the drill materials doesnt go to the Refinery; i even tried a more simple way as u can see in this screen shot.

As i said, i can open inventories and drag the materials from drill to the refinery manually in UI, but the Sorter doesnt pull anything from the drill, a tried with Black and White lists; and nothing.

And is even more simple, Drill - Hinge - Conveyor - Sorter with pulling everything, and nothing happens.

photo

I rebuilt all refinery, tubes, sorters, hinges this morning, as you can see is totally different, and nothing. I even can drag the drill mats to the sorter, and once done, the sorter sends the mats to refinery; is like some kind of problem with the hinge. i don't know what to do. Seriously XD do u need a video?

photo

Thank you for taking the time to reply to those still having issues.

This issue must be specific to Keen NA #3 then. I tried two simple test builds in a solo survival world and it works.

Screenshot of test builds attached.

photo

Ok, on single player works mine, so is a problem related to the servers. Maybe they need a fix or somthing, don't know, in my case this base is on private server. Thanks for assitance.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file