Distance to Hostile AI

Master E shared this bug 8 months ago
Need More Information

I have brought this up in the Space Engineers general discussions, and have been suggested to pop a report here. But the basics are, I have been trying to make an AI ship using the Event Controller that can test the distance of a locked target from an AI defensive/offensive block and then engage "hostile" mode if in distance and then once destroyed or gone go into "passive" mode.

Yet, from all the testing, even with the radar idea suggested to me and some others it at the most would only consistently recognise if a hostile was there, but will not recognise it disappear or get destroyed.

But the ones I have tested have been using:

- A spinning rotor with an offensive block thruster and event controller that notices when the thruster fires, which worked to a degree but it kept turning it on and off continually.

- Another was a similar rotor setup with a gyro to keep it targeted, and that didn't work either.

- Another was on a rotor with a gyro where the defence block would flee home, or to a beacon on the main ship which would activate something, but once the ship is gone it wouldn't activate anything. This one has been my most successful method so far.

So, unless I am missing something very big, I have a that the Event Controller "Distance to Hostile" prompt is not functioning properly, leading to it not recognising when a grid unlocks or is destroyed. (Side note, I tested this with a player input with a cockpit and it also did not work either, again it would activate but not deactivate.)

Thank you in advance for any and all help in this!

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Master E,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I am not sure if I correctly understood the problem you are having. Is it possible that it is similar to this report?

If not can you please share your world save with me so I can test it with your build and better understand it?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I just checked out the report, and it is in fact quite similar, one big difference being though that when I tried getting it to activate anything, even a light or Beacon for testing, it would not function properly. Only ever noticing a lock after you dragged the distance bar from 1 back up to 2500, which for an automated device is not something you want to do each time. Even then it didn't always work properly. I also tried a few alternatives that also sadly didn't work.

For a world file, I can give it a try, I'll have to remake the setup I used, as I removed it since I couldn't figure a way in the end. But I hope thr above explanation helps a bit more, a d hopefully I can get one sent through soon

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file