Internet connection lost on server screen

Thales shared this bug 8 months ago
Solved

Internet connection of my PC breaks a minute after I enter in server screen and stay broken for 2-3 minutes. Internet browser, Steam, Space Engineers server related actions..etc nothing works that requires internet connection in this time. I have this problem for about 7 years with Space Engineers. In these 7 years I replaced LAN cable, I got new PC, but still this problem exists. No other game or software caused this kind of problem for me, only Space Engineers.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Thales,

thank you for letting us know about this.

Can you please provide me more information?

Since you are saying, that you are basically experiencing it whole 7 years of playing, were there some times where you have experienced the issue more, less or not at all? Or is it still the very same the whole time?

Are you experiencing this only in the Server/Join game screen? Not in any other part of the game?

After this 2-3 minutes, are you able to join the game, play it normally and also whole internet is working again on your PC?

Did you try any of the general workarounds? These are:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Can you please try all of these and let me know? If nothing from the list would help you, can you please share me a log from the game where you experience this issue?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Please send me both – SpaceEngineers_(number) and also the VRageRender-DirectX11_(number).

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, after removing SpaceEngineers.cfg, it looks like mostly fixed for now. SpaceEngineers.cfg was not old btw, it was created a week ago because I upgraded my pc with a cpu, motherboard and rams and installed fresh new windows 11. Currently SE server listing is less aggressive and internet connection does not break but slows down while listing continues which is normal I think.

Thanks for help

photo

Hello, Thales,

I am very happy to hear that removing the SpaceEngineers.cfg helped you. The slowing down when listing seems normal, however if you encounter any other problems or the speed is too slow please let us know.

I will close this thread as there is no further assistance from us needed.

Happy engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file