Space Engineers Will Not Launch

James Cockerham shared this bug 8 months ago
Won't Fix

Space engineers crashes in steam a few seconds after clicking play. It opens up a loading screen and freezes and then gives me a crash log. I've tried verifying file integrity and uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, James Cockerham,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with launching the game. Are verifying file integrity and uninstalling and reinstalling the game the only steps you have taken? If so can you please try the following and let me know if it helped?

1. Update Graphics Drivers: Outdated graphics drivers can often lead to crashes in games. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) to download and install the latest drivers.
  2. Check System Requirements: Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Space Engineers. If your system falls below the required specifications, the game might crash.
  3. Disable Mods, plugins and scripts: If you have any mods installed, they could be causing conflicts and crashes. Try launching the game without any mods to see if the issue persists.
  4. Check for Background Applications: Some background applications or services can interfere with games. Disable or close unnecessary background applications before launching the game.

If your game still does not launch, please share your latest log file with me.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file