Rebuilding an Event Controller from blueprint puts it into a nonfunctional state

Merii shared this bug 8 months ago
Reported

If an event controller is rebuilt from a blueprint, it is put into a state where:

• It forgets the associated triggering blocks
  • Any groups or specific blocks in its hotbars remain but are never triggered until the entire grid is recreated.

I have attached a repro world, in which you are standing in front of a minimum viable grid that will reproduce this issue.

Repro steps:

1. Observe the grid, notice that the light on the side of the grid is on.
  2. Enter the cockpit on the grid.
  3. Notice that the light on the side of the grid turns off.
  4. Open the Control Panel (K menu) and select the Event Controller. Scroll down and notice that Cockpit is in the Selected Blocks.
  5. Open the Select Actions window for the Event controller. Notice that the Lights group is set to turn off in slot 1 and turn on in slot 2.
  6. Exit the cockpit.
  7. Notice that the light on the side of the grid is turned on.
  8. Switch to hotbar 2 for tools.
  9. Remove the event controller with a grinder or by simply right-click deleting the block.
  10. Rebuild the event controller from the projection by welding the projected event controller.
  11. Enter the cockpit.
  12. Notice that the light on the side of the grid stays on.

Actual behavior:

• Open the Control Panel menu for the Event Controller, and scroll down to the Available/Selected blocks. Notice that the Cockpit is no longer a Selected Block.
  • Open the Selected Actions. Notice that the group remains, but even if you add the Cockpit back to the Selected Blocks list, the light is not triggered when you enter/leave the cockpit.

Expected behavior:

• Upon rebuilding the Event Controller from blueprint, the Selected Blocks should remain the same, assuming that the prior Selected Blocks block(s) set had not changed - for example, if the cockpit still exists, the cockpit should remain in the Selected Blocks.
  • The slot functionality should be retained, if a group with the same name or block with the same ID exists on the grid, in a similar manner to Cockpit or other automation block hotbars.

Additional notes:

After rebuilding the event controller, if the triggering blocks are placed back in the Selected Blocks and the grid is cut and pasted back in, then the event controller will trigger groups and blocks normally again. Reloading the world will also cause triggers to work again. Neither of these will put the triggering block back into selected blocks after rebuild though.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or reproduction steps.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Merii,

thank you for the save and detailed steps to reproduce. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I’m experiencing the same thing or a similar problem where basically whenever I try blueprinting something that has an event controller in it with stuff that is set up to be the triggers and a toolbar set up. It winds up resetting the entire thing when I paste a new one through the the world Using the blueprint

photo
photo

Just to let you know: This is not resolved in 1.203.022. I didn't expect it to be but I was checking in case it had gotten resolved as part of other AI block fixes.

photo

This is still an issue - and I've noticed the same behaviour with timer blocks.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file