The new blueprint menu can't handle too many Steam blueprints, crashes the game

Andrea Morgione shared this bug 5 years ago
Outdated

There have been various complaints and suggestions about the new blueprints UI that I've seen, but though I realize this is my third post on the same subject because i'm too much of a moron and i only narrowed down my problem now, i HAVE to stress that regardless of design and whatnot, the current UI has a big problem: having too many Steam blueprints (i have around 18 gigabytes) causes it to not load them properly, then to overflow my PC's RAM and crash the game. My only way to play Space Engineers at the moment is to revert to 1.187, since the old UI, as janky as it was, has no issues whatsoever handling that many blueprints. In other words, I'm missing out on new content and feature because of the GODDAMN blueprints UI restyling and i didn't play this game which i love for months until i figured out I could rollback the update. Are you gonna do something about it in the next update? If it didn't cause issues before, I'm pretty sure you can work something out. I can't prove it, but I'm convinced the reason the game crashes so hard is because the new UI tries to load ALL the info on blueprints and their thumbnails at once, which is obviously too much, instead of compiling a list and then loading details on the fly like it used to. I sincerely hope I don't have to miss on future content because of this, because it seems pretty unreasonable to me that a MENU is keeping me from playing the new update. Best regards.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I am having the same bug here except I get this message when I double click the blueprint

photo

I currently have that problem after i rolled back to 1.187 for some of the blueprints, but in my case blueprints don't show up at all in the latest update so they could be two distinct problems.

photo

Cant believe this problem isn't fixed considering the post is nearly a year old. I am having the exact same issue. Every time i open my blueprints menu my game crashes and i have been with SE since the beginning and have a'lot of blueprints if i knew this was an issue i wouldn't of added so many blueprints in the first place.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file