This object is in archive! 

[1.188.105] It is possible to bypass PCU and Block-Limits completely with Argentavis Welders

LordTylus shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

Hello there,

today my comrades and I discovered the following problem. Our server has very strict PCU and block limits which we can now completely bypass.

We managed to capture an Argentavis, which has 6 Welders on it.

The welders have no PCU owner and were owned by us after we hacked it completely. With these Welders we were able to create more welders (Which also have no PCU owner) using a projector to build a huge welder platform.

With that platform we can create any ship we want of of any size we want. So PCU Limits dont affect us anymore at all.

Also it is possible to steal other peoples PCU using the same method, but they would just delete our grids when we are found out, so using the Argentavis Method is the most secure one to bypass the limits.

Do you have any way or idea on how to fix it? From my point of view this is a game breaking exploit that allows people to do stuff they are not supposed to do.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Thank you for your feedback! Your topic has been added between considered issues.

Please keep voting for the issue as it will help us to identify the most serious bugs.

We really appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Have a similar bug to this. A developer oversight for sure.

We play on a public PVP server which has a specific block limit/pcu limit. If one player manages to take over another player's grid they can lock down that other player's block count indefinitely. By extension passing the block limits themself.

photo

Similar exploits exist with modded blocks such as nanites and nanobot mods. I've created a separate exploit report on this... but this is completely vanilla and needs to be fixed. This is literally game-breaking stuff.

photo

We have the same problem on our servers,

Players with a block limit of 12 drills can buy ships from the npc station and bypass the limits...

Kind Regards,

Tom.

photo

While due to the addition of new NPCs Argentavis dont spawn that often anymore (havent seen one in a long while)

The root problem remains in 197 still. If you have a welder without authorship or the authorship of an other player. All blocks created by that have the same authorship.

So you can magically spawn new blocks into the world even if you are already at your limit. Or even worse just "steal" PCU and Blocklimits from an other player.

This likely requires conceptional work from the designers to reconsider how PCU and shipwelders are supposed to work together to not add loopholes

photo

Hello, Engineers!

Sorry to hear you've experienced this issue. I have been looking into this today and finding it hard to reproduce. Does anyone have a save file they could provide with reliable steps to reproduce their issue?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Kind Regards

Laura, QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!