Small grids sinking into/phasing through large grids

Suicide Neil shared this bug 5 years ago
Reported

As title, I noticed that at some point since the last update small grid ships sink through large grids when trying to land/lock on with landing gear. Normally the landing gear would impact the surface and produce small sparks, maybe bounce off if you go to fast; now they phase into the large grid right upto the full height of the landing gear before a collision is detected.

Fix please...

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Engineer!

We weren't able to reproduce your issue. Could you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you reported (video, blueprinted ship or a save of your world)? To report a bug into our system it is necessary to have reliable steps to reproduce in order for programmers to fix it.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Video: https://youtu.be/OdpmPCAHAeI

I don't have a copy of that particular world save available- it seemed to be an issue specifically with that one ship which was the newest one I just finished; replacing the landing gear fixed the issue so I'm at a loss as to what was actually wrong with the ship, just another one of those 'remove and replace it / restart the world to fix it' type of bugs.

photo

BUMP. Still not fixed.

photo

Hi Neil,

Could you please provide us with a blueprint of that ship since you don't have a copy of that particular world save? We would appreciate any additional information!

Kind Regards

photo

I have a copy of that world save now ( since it's been several months and it's published ): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1812910419 Hop into Borris Advanced and you'll be able to replicate the issue by flying up and then down a little, phasing through the platform.6ef5b8b09186160a94c0e5bcc605ecc5

photo

Holy shit this still isn't fixed? Good job Keen on that one. It's literally not hard to reproduce if you guys actually tested your shit more than 50% of the time. So far, this has only been happening on Dedicated Servers for me. Since Keen broke Dedicated Servers around August 2018 during their whole "Multiplayer Update" it's hard to imagine anything working at all on them. I see bug reports every day about how bad gameplay is on there. I guess it's good that you guys are actually asking relevant questions now, but Jesus. It took you guys 9 months to finally get to it.

photo

I hate the melting bug. bane of all rovers!

photo

Hello,

we successfully reproduced and reported the issue. Thank you for your cooperation!

Kind Regards

photo

And I bet nothing will happen.

photo

Hey, I've made a new thread with all the replication steps AND files in a world that is fully vanilla. Come upvote the issue so Keen will hopefully fix it :)

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/grids-phasing-through-each-other-with-full-replication-stepsfiles

photo

Well, they marked my thread a duplicate so I'll post my files here instead.

Here is a super simple world save file, Keen. FULLY VANILLA, two grids in the entire world. Just jump in the only cockpit (or remote control it) and pilot it down as if you were going to land. The small grid will phase into the large grid.

I am 90% certain that this is an easily reproducible issue with any small grid ship that is over 2k blocks. I've had it happen below that number as well, but it is easier to duplicate the higher your block count on the small grid ship goes.

photo

Keen probably isn't going to do fuck all about this issue no matter how many people report it.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file