Enable Toolbar Slot Locking

Stollie shared this feedback 5 years ago
Submitted

I would like the ability to 'lock' certain toolbar slots.

I'm always overwriting my tools slots with other stuff. It would be awesome if I could 'lock' certain slots to my selection from the G menu.

E.g. 1-6 slots on Toolbar 1 I lock to each of the tool types and scroll-able armor block and scroll-able conveyors, so when I next double click something from the G menu it would replace whats in slot 7 instead.

Replies (1)

photo

In addition to above request, could we get another slot? With the addition of several dlc adding new blocks, can we get addition of another toolbar slot for number 0. 1-9 are used currently.

34c5296731492af7d26024c3fc8742f8

photo

Yes, PLEASE! Wasting an entire hotbar slot just to put things away is ridiculous and an insult to literally decades of game UI/UX design that have de-facto standardised the ten-slot hotbar standard. (Laughable console ports nonwithstanding.) The amount of times I accidentally used something in the 0 slot in another game when I wanted to put away, or holster, whatever I was holding just because SE corrupted my muscle memory with this idiotic convention is staggering.

Please, for the love of sanity, give us some other, not hard-coded key to put a selected tool or block away!

Here's another use case: I often find myself with a dedicated toolbar for actuators, say, for up/down, forward/reverse, invert/lock, and others. Meaning, for one set of actuators, I always need a pair of hotkeys. As in, two. As in, an even number. In comes your moronic nine-slot hotkey which, as I hope the genius (or the unlucky guy who failed to take a step back when people were being volunteered for it) responsible for the unfunny joke you call SE's UI/UX design remembers from basic maths, provides an uneven number of slots, usually leaving me with one slot too few for the set of controls I do need readily available.

photo

You can use " ' I use a brazilian keyboard, so for me it's the first key before the 1

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file