Planet is completely absent only on DS, All DS's across the board, SP working perfectly

ZaS Shrakker shared this bug 5 years ago
Won't Fix

I join the game, it let me get to the select respawn, if I choose jetpack it never gets past the respawn screen.

If I choose Lander it will let me spawn in a lander, I can see the entire lander and I see it's speed showing me that it's falling towards 0.0.0 (an indication that there is gravity) The speed is jerking slowly faster from 0 then it jerks to about 15m/s then 35m/s etc.. up until full speed. After a few second it starts to slow down in the same manner jerking from max to min each step is around 15m/s, there is no smooth gradient in the reduction of the speed. To me this signifies a desync where the client doesn't acknowledge the existence of the gravity.

I can't make new gps's and I can't toggle currently viewed gps's on or off, I also can't exit the cockpit. The gyro works and after I reach 0.0m/s I try to use upward lift to see if I can lightly raise the ship and see it go back to 0.0m/s however it seems to accellerate and continue to do so even though all I did was tap the lift key on the keyboard (spacebar).

This happens on keen official hosted server for both of my accounts and on all the servers, even on the ones I had never connected to previously.

I tried to delete appdata/roaming/spaceengineers/*.*

I deleted the appdata after uninstalling space engineers

I installed space engineers fresh and tried to connect, the issue is there even after taking these drastic steps to eliminate it.

Single player seems to work perfectly. I also unsubscribed from all workshop items on all of my games incase that had something to do with it.

Replies (3)

photo

here's how I ended up fixing it

step 1: delete spaceengineers folder inside of roaming/appdata

step 2: launch space engineers and join server that had a spawnzone at the furthest lod from earth, spawn to that lod and fly to earth loading in each lod on the way

notes: I still have the spaceengineers folder that was within the appdata folder, if I ever swap to this one the issue comes back, as a result I imported the blueprints and the saves, the rest of the contents of the folder I kept the one that was generated using the method described above

photo

Hello,

can you upload the folder here so we can try it? What happens if you skip step 2, is planet missing or not?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

Since there are no new comments in this topic and we are still not able to reproduce it, we are closing this thread as outdated.

In case anyone is encountering the same or similar bug, which is not already posted in a different thread, please feel free to create a new thread with all relevant information.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file