Unable to join a particular server

Vladimir shared this bug 9 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi, my friend is unable to join a particular dedicated server with mods (from logs: "NewLife-PvE/PvP Faction Wars ConnectionString:steam://51.195.209.160:29165").

He is able join virtually any other server he tried. I do not run the said server but I can join it as well as bunch of other people. The server admin says that there is nothing special in server logs when my friend tries to join:

Could you please help understanding what can be the cause?

Client log files attached.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for contacting us on behalf of your friend.

The behavior of MODs may vary among different players based on their PC specifications (OS/Hardware, etc.), which could be the reason you can join the server while your friend cannot.

Additionally, we have found several MODs/Script-related errors in the provided log. There are a few workarounds that your friend can try to resolve this issue:

• Update their operating system and other drivers.
  • Download and install the latest Microsoft .NET Framework from this link. After installation, reboot their device if prompted.
  • On Steam, verify the integrity of the game files (Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files). Wait until all files are verified successfully.
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file
  1. It means the game configuration will be deleted
  2. Your friend can access their SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into their Windows search bar and will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that they just need to follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder
  1. Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Temporarily disable antivirus software and VPN.
  • Launch the game through Steam and attempt to join the specified server.

If the issue persists, kindly ask your friend to provide us with the log from the failed attempt to join the server, as well as the log from a successful attempt to join any other Modded server.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied