Persistent FPS Loss when using AI Blocks

Ben Etheridge shared this bug 9 months ago
Won't Fix

Whenever I activate an AI Block (maybe just the flight blocks) I get about a 10ish FPS drop that persists until I restart my single-player game even if the AI block is powered off or AI behavior is turned off. As I activate it again, I get another persistent 10 FPS drop. This problem continues until eventually the game is unplayable and I have to restart it.

I haven't really ever submitted feedback or tried to hunt down these issues before. Any info on what items need to be attached would be great.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Ben!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly provide us with further information regarding the reported issue?

Does the single-player world where you experienced this issue have any active MODs/Scripts (or do you have active plugins in the game)? If so, please disable them or create a new vanilla world (with no active MODs) to check if the issue persists there.

Should the issue persist, we recommend trying the following workarounds, which may help resolve the issue:

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

• Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

After attempting the aforementioned steps, kindly launch the game and start a vanilla world to check whether the issue still occurs. If the issue persists, please share the log files with us from when the issue occurs.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Ben,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied