Hard delagy only for me on 3 man server

Sebastian wichmann shared this bug 9 months ago
Won't Fix

I've been playing multiplayer on a 3 man server and after we plat for 1 day it happens"sync delays".

The game will be working fine. I can fly whit jetpak ,run etc, but when i bilud or ues the cago or smelter

1. I'll click to build the light armor I'm holding to add it to a grid (in survival)
  2. I'll hear the placement sound effect
  3. The block will not appear on my screen
  4. My inventory has been reduced by the cost of the block
  5. The other person I'm playing will tell me over voice chat that he sees the block
  6. If I try to move where the block is, the client prediction (which doesn't know the block is there) will let me, for a moment, before it rubber-bands me back.
  7. Something like 10-30 seconds after having placed the block, I will hear the placement sound effect again, and the block will show up.

After the first block fails to show up, if I build more blocks elsewhere, then 10-30 seconds later then all show up rapidly in succession.

A similar thing happens with welding and grinding. For example:

1. I'll be welding a series of blocks, working fine
  2. Suddenly one block will stop welding
  3. My % progress meter stops going up
  4. I never see the block graphics change to the "finished" block
  5. My inventory is reduced by the cost of welding the block
  6. The other player in the game can see that the block is finished.
  7. 10-30 seconds later, I'll hear a sound effect, and the block will finish.

Again, if I weld multiple blocks when this is happening, I can't see anything happening, but 10-30 seconds after the delay first happened, they'll all complete rapidly in succession. The same thing happens with grinding.

This also happens with getting in and out of cockpits. I'll press "F" and nothing will happen, no sound effect even. The other player can see that I got into the cockpit, but for me, I'm still floating outside. 10-30 seconds later, on my game, I'll go into the cockpit and I'll hear the sound effect. Same for cryo tubes, and similar for getting health from the medbay.

Final note: I do have experimental enabled, and some mods and scripts installed. However, this was happening previously with very minimal scripts, and no mods at all

I'm happy to supply whatever files are helpful, or try various things. This is very easy for me to reproduce. It basically happens

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Sebastian,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

Can you please provide me more information?

First of all, it would be good to differentiate where exactly you are playing the game, in what online mode. Is it on dedicated server (entered through SE dedicated server on Steam), or is it in Lobby online mode (when starting the game, there is Online mode field – Private, Friends, Public)?

This online game is the only place where you are experiencing this issue in the game? All other modes are working fine (single player, Keen official servers...), or you can observe this issue there as well?

Since you are saying that your friends do see the blocks built properly when you are not, does this happens also the other way around; meaning your friends would suffer with this issue and you can see the blocks build? Or are you the only one on the server who is having this issue?

If the game is in Lobby online mode, who is the "owner" of the server? Is it you and your friends are connecting to your game?

Is there any specific action that you need to take beforehand to trigger this issue? Or is it just happening randomly to you? Or all the time?

Can you, please, when this issue is happening on your side, take a look on the info screen in the game (see my image, you can enable this window by pressing Shift + F11) and let me know the numbers you can see there at the Simulation speed and Server simulation speed? Or share me a screenshot similar to mine, please. Your friends numbers are the same or different in the time of this issue happening?

I would also need a log(s) file from the game and server, as it might bring some more light into this issue.

The logs are – depending on what app/mode you are using to run the server – stored in the Roaming folder.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers(Dedicated).

If one of your friends is running the server and not you, can you please also supply the log from them (server log), so I can compare those?

You can try our general workarounds:

• Verify your game files in Steam – right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  • Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file (it means your game configuration will be deleted) – you can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Delete ShaderCache folder – same access as above
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Please let me know if anything from the list worked on your side, and if not, please reply to my questions above.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Sebastian,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file