Local Gird Align won't align properly

Albert shared this bug 9 months ago
Solved

The grid align for my main base in my survival world is not working correctly. When I set the local grid align to align with the main base its way off in its rotation and wants to align with a different grid which I destroyed to try and fix the problem. I tried getting some help in the steam discussions but I got nothing there. My world has mods in it so I tried removing them but when you remove the mods from the world it corrupts it. (I tested this on copy's of my main world).

This is a list of the mods I have installed:

Keen "Blue Nebula" Skybox - Default Lighting

Assault Weapons Pack Weapon Core (Discontinued)

Weapon Core - 2.4

BalCorp - Blackhole (Damage Version)(WIP)

(CG) Ravcor

Helghan (Weather Update!)

Icarus

Nebula Mod (3D)

Planet Reach

Safina - Desert Planet [V2] [Texture Update]

Water Mod

Paint Gun - realistic painting for survival + special creative features

I would love to get back to building my large ship hanger but without local grid align its gonna be super slow so I was wondering if I could gets some help to fix the issue.

Replies (4)

photo

Just fixed this issue by making a large cube and detaching it. If you make the cube bigger than your grid then when you detach it the game thinks the cube was the original grid and your other grid was broken off from it. Thus then clang demon inhabits the cube rather than your grid and you can just delete the cube and be rid of your problem!

photo

Hello, Albert,

thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, the mods you have installed could be causing the issue especially when the world gets corrupted when you remove them. I could only test it out in vanilla game because we do not offer support for mods.

However, you are saying you fixed the issue. You can still attach the world save here and I can have a look at it if you want.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I think since I fixed the issue with my world I don't want to go through the hassle of sending you guys my world, but if I have the problem again I will be sure to contact you guys again to get it fixed if I can't find a solution.

Cheers!

Albert

photo

Hello, Albert,

alright, in that case I will close this thread. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if the problem appears again.

Happy engineering!

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file