Good.bot times out Admins

Gorwyn shared this bug 9 months ago
Reported

On servers, Good.bot is able to timeout or prevent Admins from sending messages.

This can prevent Admins from being able to send messages in quick succession or prevent messages from being sent when they "stack up" due to connection issues.

I consider this more of a bug than suggestive feedback as I believe this was not intentional.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Gorwyn,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. Could you share further information with me?

When did this start to happen and does this happen on your own servers as well? Does this only happen when they stack up during connection issues or also when you send several messages in a row? How high was the ping on the servers?

Can you share your logs with me from the time of this happening please?

• You can access your log files from the official server by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• You can access your log files from your own server by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good afternoon,

This has been an issue on the Official Servers from around the time I became an admin (approximately April). The Good.bot warning comes up both when stacking up during connection issues, if I send the same message either in a row or two messages in quick succession.

The ping has been anywhere between 25ms on UK servers or 190 on NA servers.

I have also had this happen on a privately hosted dedicated server.

Please find attached the logs requested, 4 more images demonstrating the issues on Official Servers and a screenshot of my Dedicated Server settings alongside a screenshot of the issue ingame.

Thanks for your help and investigation.

photo

Hello, no need to reply.

Just adding a further image that happened today for record.

Thanks again!

photo
photo

Hello, Gorwyn,

thank you for the logs and additional information. I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file