Corrupted save file after pc restart

Tyler Attwell shared this bug 9 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi, One of my saves has suddenly been corrupted after a PC restart.

Every other save is completely fine, even a manual save of the world which is 7~ hours behind, but only the up to date save and it's backups are currupted.

The file attached might be the corrupted save world's file, i'm not entirely sure, sicne the save is now dated for 01/01/0001 in game.

Also, the files in the Save's folder are empty, as in the photo below:6215deebb3ff4bfbe9520050867a6e20

Replies (5)

photo

I've tried using a "SE Toolbox" application, but when trying to repair the save, it comes up with:

9e36c03697e29d99b293cf6e59c13353

photo

Another detail which I forgot to add.

After the restart, it had me go through the terms of service, eu contract thingy that always pops up when you first boot the game up.

It also disabled experiental mode and mod.io consent had to be re-accepted.

photo

Hello!

Thank you for contacting us. Since this is a bug report, I'm moving your ticket to our support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Tyler Attwell,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share the corrupted save with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Tyler Attwell,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file