Incomplete landing grear locking in Safe Zone

Michael Kluskens shared this bug 9 months ago
Solved

On Keen CA#2 Server, I was in the process of grinding down my landing gear when my ship slid into a safe zone on Earth-like. The landing gear locked to the ground even though it was incomplete. The attached picture shows "Mizar Rover 2" my only grid on the server locked to the ground with an incomplete landing gear. The wind turbines are even spinning.

Replies (6)

photo

I logged out twice and relogged, no change.

photo

Hello, Michael Kluskens,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. Could you share a blueprint of the safe zone and your ship with me?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sorry for the miscommunication. The location of the problem is on an Official Keen Server, named "Keen CA#2". The blueprint of the vanilla safe zone is only available to the admins of Keen CA#2 server. I do not have a save for "Keen CA#2" in my Saves folder. I attached a blueprint of the ship before I added atmo thrusters to it. I do not have a current blueprint of my ship. I can not create a new blueprint as my ship is locked in the safe zone. Any admin on "Keen CA#2" can create a blueprint of my current ship. I attached the welcome screen for Keen CA#2 and the GPS coordinates of the Keen Safe Zone I am locked at.

To recreate the problem:

A) log into an Official Keen server with a ping in the range of 80 to 270

B) create a large grid to forward, left, and right atmo thrusters

C) have one standard landing gear with default settings, auto lock on

D) wind turbines may or may not be required, but are easiest to charge batteries

E) park grid just outside a vanilla safe zone with a slight downward tip

F) grind landing gear until it releases from the ground outside the safe zone and slides forward

This a synchronization problem between the client and a distant server. I doubt this can be reproduced with a local server.

photo
photo

My reply vanished? or is not publicly viewable yet?

photo

Hello, Michael Kluskens,

thank you for the blueprint and screenshots.

I still cannot reproduce the issue based on the steps to reproduce you have written down. When a landing gears gets locked to surface and then grinded down, it stays locked. It is one of the features and I cannot park a ship and then grind the landing gear to make it slide into the safe zone. It stays in place instead.

I also tried to park with incomplete landing gear in a safe zone, but again the landing gear would not get locked to any surface.

Can you manage to reproduce it again and perhaps record it? In my testing all the behaviors were correct.

If you need your ship I can inform the admin of the official server and they can release it from the safe zone for you to use it again. Please let me know if it is something that could help you out.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

I will need to my ship released from the safe zone to reproduce the bug without a lot of work gathering resources. Either restoring the landing gear to operational or copying and pasting the ship outside the safe zone will work.

In my experience landing gear always unlock when ground below the operating point, regardless of single player or server.

I did not state clearly that you need to be grinding the landing gear to that point just as the ship enters the safe zone.

photo

I see what you mean about the landing gear, in a simple test in single player both small grid and large grid landing gear did not unlock. But I am certain I see that behavior regularly. I will continue to look at this issue as time is available.

photo

I believe the landing gear problem can only be seen on remote servers. Often I grind a block and it takes time for the block to disappear, this is most certainly why I thought the landing gear unlocked when ground, my guess is I only saw that on remote servers where the block both exists and does not exist depending on your point of view, aka I have finished grinding the block but visually it still exists on my screen and on the server.

photo
photo

Hello, Michael Kluskens,

I asked an admin to grind the landing gear down. Your ship is unstuck now and you can use it.

Can you please further test this because I am still not able to reproduce this issue. Recording a video would be a huge help. It could be possible that this happened because of desync on you end or because of server restart.

However, the landing gear getting unlocked is unexpected behavior which we should look further into. Can you reproduce it in single player and send me the save file, please? When I tested it on single player and multiplayer, the landing gear was still locked even after grinding it down.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer,

since our last comment here, there was no answer from your side.

The original issue (landing gear locking) was solved by the admins, as mentioned by me colleague.

Since you didn't reach back here with e.g. new comment of the situation from that time, I take it, the issue was indeed dsolved.

I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you observe/experience any other issue in the game.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Leave a Comment

Attach a file