The game stopped running

Олег Брусницын shared this bug 9 months ago
Won't Fix

After pressing the launch button on Steam, nothing happens, the game process hangs in the task manager, which takes up 30 MB of RAM. There are no error messages.

The following steps have been taken to solve the problems: updated c++, updated vcredist, updated the graphics card driver to the latest, deleted saves, deleted the cfg file in appdata. Nothing helped. The cfg file specifies DX11, but the game still doesn't start.

The game only runs on the DX9 32 bit version, but I would like to play the latest version of the game.

Before that, the processor was replaced from the i3-2100 to the i7-3770

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Олег Брусницын,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please try the following:

1. Verify Game Files: Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Installed Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files
  2. Update DirectX: Even though you have specified DX11 in the cfg file, try updating DirectX to the latest version. Visit the official Microsoft DirectX website to download and install the latest version compatible with your system.
  3. Update Windows: Ensure that your Windows operating system is up to date with the latest updates and patches.
  4. Reinstall the Game: Make sure that everything got the deleted from the Roaming/SpaceEngineers folder and try to install it gain.
  5. Try to install the DirectX libraries: you can download them here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Please let me know if anything above helped. If not, please share your latest log with me again.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file